- 1.5 – 2 pounds of organic ground beef, bison or ground turkey
- 1 12oz can of organic diced tomatoes]
- 1 12oz can of organic tomato sauce
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow zucchini squash diced
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic minced (to your taste)
- 2 tsp sea salt ( I prefer the Hawaiian red sea salt)
- 1.5 Tbsp Basil
- 1.5 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1-2 tsp mild hili powder (to your taste, I only add 1)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground black or white pepper
- Brown beef ,bison or turkey in a skillet. Drain of grease and put in a crock pot or pot on the stove. Add other ingredients. Cook on low for 2 hours or put in crock pot on low for 3-4 hours.
Notes this is a “chunky” and dense chili, it is not watery.
Can be served with white rice, shredded cheese or sour cream
Note: you will probably want to double this recipe. This recipe serves 2 with leftovers for a few days. You can also freeze it. It is easy to reheat in a pot on the stove, just add a little water.