2 to 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 organic sweet bell peppers sliced
1 large organic red onion sliced
1/2 cup organic shredded carrots
1 can organic diced tomatoes (not the liquid)
1 cup of organic pico de gallo or 1 small jar of salsa
5 cloves fresh minced organic garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 small can tomato paste
1 small zucchini thinly sliced (add after 3 hours)
Mix all ingredients together except the zucchini
place the chicken breasts in the pot and over with the vegetables
Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours until the chicken is fully cooked
- I cut the peppers and zucchini into approximately 1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide pieces. If the pieces are too large, it can be too chunky. When the chicken is shredded, this creates optimal consistency for eating.
- I prepare this all in the crock pot the night before and put in the refrigerator, then pull out when I am ready to cook the next day.
- If you want it to be spicier, add hot salsa
Pull the chicken out and use 2 forks to shred chicken. Place the shredded chicken back in and thoroughly mix.
- over bibb lettuce, spaghetti squash or white rice
- in hard shell corn tortillas or on soft corn tortillas
- Can be scooped up with corn tortilla chips